I recently signed up for Inluenster because my friend got some awesome lip gloss to review and promote if she liked it. After I linked my social media accounts and reviewed a couple of my favorite products, I was invited for my first VoxBox. This month I have the pleasure of testing out TRESemmé’s newest product. #ReverseYourRoutine
Please note, I received this product complimentary for review and testing purposes. They did not pay me for my review, but they did send it to me in a very nice box.
Revolutionary Reverse System with conditioner before shampoo helps you achieve volume and softness at the same time – from TRESemme
Bounce-friendly formulation, with Fleximax Volumizers and Fiber Polishing Actives, bind to the cuticle to leave hair smooth and polished, even after you shampoo
Hair is left beautifully soft, but not flat
Finish with the Beauty-Full Volume styling range to create beautiful bouncy hair that feels as great as it looks
Condition first, then shampoo to wash away the weight
Now for my thoughts:
- My hair is somewhat thin, coarse, and curly/wavy. It frizzes very easily. Also, I don’t like volume in my hair. I know, I’m reviewing a volumizing conditioner/shampoo system… but I’m always down to try it.
- The reverse process was kind of weird for me. Conditioner first? I felt like I couldn’t work it through my hair very well. I did the best I could, and I left it on my mane for the minute prescribed by the back of the bottle. It rinsed out quite nicely, but I did feel the heaviness of the conditioner.
- Washing the conditioner out sounds quite counterintuitive, but that’s the point of the Reverse system. The shampoo felt good, smelled good, and rinsed out well, too. It left my hair feeling light and airy.
- I didn’t use any product before I blow dried my hair because I wanted to see how the Reverse system did on its own. It looked like my hair would come out quite dry, but it held up with the heat pretty well. Did great with my straightener, too. Right now (post-Argan oil to tame some of the dryness and fly aways), my hair still feels somewhat dry.
- Volume? I already told you I don’t like volume in my hair, but boy does my hair love fluffiness. The conditioner-shampoo system seems to definitely unleash the volume.
- My hair is still somewhat dry. I think I’m going to try it again and report back on how it feels with my pre-and post- blow dry products: hair serum, blow dry foam, Argan oil. I have high hopes.
So, that’s it. Check out #ReverseYourRoutine on Instagram and Twitter to catch other reviews. Thanks Inluenster for my VoxBox! TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Pre-Wash Conditioner and Shampoo Reverse System seems like a great product, and I am looking forward to testing it out further!